Modular houses are produced in a factory northouse.eu/wooden-frame-house-factory-set/ and consists of the modules – repeated sections. The modular houses appear during the process of the mounting materials in the factory, putting them together into one element, which can be combined with another model, making several rooms and more complicated modular houses constructions. Modular houses consist of the floor, walls, roof, which are connected together and prepared in the factory. Modular houses are transported onto a construction site, where unloading, there a need of special faucet, and are made last mounting works. Combination variations of the modules are endless – putting them one on another, into one row or side by side etc.
The high quality of the modular houses and an efficiency of the producing process provides controlled factory background, strict producing rules and professional specialists in the building of wooden houses. Factory-made modular houses can include 60-95% of the housing interior (inner communications too), for example, kitchen furniture and furniture is possible to add in the factory. Modular houses are transported to the construction site, and the on-site construction process is minimized thanks to the high degree of completion of modular homes. It, in turn, decreases possible weather conditions’ influence in comparison to building on the spot. The result is high quality and energy efficient modular houses. In the building of modular houses is used structural isolated panels (SIP), light constructions, where the panels on both sides cover the polyurethane (PU) or expanded polystyrene (EPS) layer.
Modular houses can be used for a long-term living but can be also used to provide more temporary measures – camps, schools, military buildings, industrial buildings, churches, shopping centers, healthcare institutions, various office buildings and more. Also one of the most popular regions for building modular houses is the countryside territory, where full cycle building process is not possible or not logical, for example, the Arctic.
Modular house advantages:
- Fast installation and return on investment: the modules consist of a wood frame with a metal inner frame that provides durability and the ability to carrybecause of the finished level of the work in the factory, work supervision and reducing of financial resources. Characteristics of the construction provide, that in one time there are produced modular houses floors, walls, roof, roof rafters, and ceiling, which are combined as one full form. This, of course, can not be started on a full-cycle construction site – for example, you can not install roof rafters before finished load-bearing walls. This way, producing process of the modular house in comparison to wooden carcass building is half-time shorter.
- The inner construction can be made independently of weather conditions, increasing the efficiency of the work and reducing an ability, that materials will be damaged.
- Modular houses can be “built” in the outdoor territories, where a building of a usual house could be more expensive because of the transportation costs. Also, the modular house is beneficial when you need to provide fast medical or sanitary buildings.
- An effective use of the materials provides minimum garbage. Building a modular house, it is clear, how much material do we need, its size and amount. Materials, which are reduced, are wooden pallets, cardboard, gypsum board, wood, concrete, bricks, and cement.
- Nature-friendly mounting process: a low level of building works and materials provides less garbage, which positively influences an environment.
- Flexibility: the house can be fulfilled with additional modules if needed. It is possible to fulfill not only in the level of the first floor but also make another floor(s). Modules can be shared, removed and renewed if needed.
- Quality: modular houses are produced in a strictly controlled background, where modules are subjected to surveillance, produced in accordance with all the rules and certificates. As far as each module is transported separately it must withstand the transport and installation requirements as a whole. As far as each module is durable by itself, then an aggregate of the modular houses is more durable than a construction, which has been built on the spot.
- Improved air quality: the level of the humidity in constructions influences air quality in new buildings. As far as modules are produced in factories by using dry, appropriate materials, and the environment cannot influence them, constructions save minimum, the acceptable level of the humidity.
- A lot of places, when transporting;
- The constraints on transport and production can affect the size of the modules, thus affecting indoor dimensions;
- Loan authorities may not support the allocation of credit lines to modular homes.
- Noteworthy – modular house is not a container house. Despite that container house often is called as a modular house, it doesn’t have the wooden carcass, it is based on a cargo container metal basis. By appearance, both type houses are very different. Finished wooden carcass modular house is similar to the typical wooden house, which has been built in a construction site, but container house more or less saves a container form. One container house is suitable as a variant for the weekend, but for getting an extra living room, you have to add a separate container.
- In case of costs, the modular house is cheaper than a house, which is built at the spot. Of course, it depends on the fact, how comfortable and how big luxury is available. Also, costs depend on the planned size of the house. It has to be considered, how many square meters really are necessary for a comfortable and free living in a house. Sometimes people order huge private houses, but they can’t inhabit a house and to maintain properly. Modular house finish costs are based on a transporting expense.What are luxury modular houses? Luxury houses fulfill each client’s desire by a concrete material, interior design requirements, roof dimensions, and floor plans. In a building of a modular house, there is used approx. 20% of a wood, the house is stable in its sizes and forms. Professional masters invest in qualitative work. In a construction there are using high-quality materials, that’s why we certainly can talk about long lasting of the house.
The modular home installation process can be seen in this video:
Modular house – fast, comfortable and compact! And although the installation process for the modular home is short, the home can boast excellent longevity. A modular house is an excellent option for the future home, which can always be replenished, enlarged, changed.
Module sizes for modular houses can be different (not exceeding the maximum permitted in freight traffic), but after qualitative mounting works, even that is not visible, how the house was built.
In the building of the modular houses, there are the same quality building materials in use, as for the building of the timber carcass house. Also, modular houses are built more durable by using instead of nails screws, and also extra gluing in fastening places and by using 8-10% more wood in the construction.
Also, finished panel house does not differ from the wooden carcass house or modular house.